XII Students’ International Scientific Conference
Narva College of the University of Tartu invites students, Master's students and Doctoral students to participate in the XII Students’ International Scientific Conference PPCY (Pedagogics, Public sector, Culture, Youth work). The conference will take place in Narva (Estonia) on 3-5 May, 2012.
The topics suggested for discussion during the conference relate to the curricula of the College and to research areas of College students:
- Preschool, secondary and higher education:
- Modern Methodological Approaches to Teaching;
- Traditionality and Innovation in Education;
- Methodological Problems in Language Acquisition (including language immersion);
- Education in Multicultiral Society
- developing of axiological competences.
- formative assessment (principles and technologies)
Philology and culturology:
- Issues of Literature and Folklore Studies;
- Contrastive Linguistics and Language Contacts;
- Cross-cultural Interaction and Communication;
- Language Acquisition
- Civil Activity, Project-based Activity;
- Multicultural Challenges in Society;
- Cooperation between Local Governments (including at the international level);
- Division of Functions between the State and the Local Government;
- Comparison of Speciality Terminology in Different Languages;
- Importance of Politics at the Local Level;
- Financing Sources of Local Government.
Learning in Youth Work
- non-formal learning in youth work (in youth club/centre, in camp, in hobby group, in youth organization etc);
- worker's training in higher education;
- informal learning and youth work;
- learning through voluntary activity.
The working languages of the conference are: Russian, Estonian and English. If the language of your presentation is Russian or Estonian, please prepare the PowerPoint presentation in English. The time limit for a presentation is 15 minutes.
If you are interested in participation in the conference, please fill and send your application form* with the abstract of your presentation (1000 characters) in the language of presentation and in English by 1 February, 2012 by e-mail: vadim.semenov [ät] ut.ee (the form must be attached to a letter). Subject of your letter should contain PPCY12.
The competition is open for the applications received before the deadline. The conference committee will inform the participants about the competition results by 15 February, 2012 and will send the invitations for the conference.
There will be organised a tour of Narva (May 3) and study trip to Tartu (May 5) for conference participants (for foreign participants in particular). Organisers cover all expenses in Narva (accomodation, catering).
We will glad to see you in Narva!