XV Students' International Scientific Conference
Narva College of the University of Tartu invites you to participate in the XV Students’ International Scientific Conference PPCY (Pedagogics, Public sector, Culture, Youth work). The conference will take place in Narva (Estonia) on 23-25 April, 2015.
For a decade, PPCY has invited students from Russian and European universities to meet in Narva. Historically, the border town Narva has always been a meeting point in many ways, thus, providing a perfect atmosphere for exchanging ideas of young scholars.
If you are Bachelors’ or Masters’ student and you already have some of your own research, either as a BA thesis or a work in progress, the conference is an opportunity to present your ideas to other young scholars and profit from their feedback and discussions.
The general topics suggested for presentations during the conference relate to the curricula of the College and to research areas of College students: Preschool, secondary and higher education; Philology and culturology; Public sector; Youth Work; Entrepreneurship and Project Management.
Looking forward to welcoming you in Narva!
PPCY Organising Committee
Inga Jaagus, Krista Dehterev, Jekaterina Ljubimova, Galina Maltseva
See the final conference programme HERE.
Have a look on the abstract book HERE.
Information for the participants
- The working languages of the conference are: Russian, Estonian and English. If the language of your presentation is not English, please prepare the PowerPoint presentation or handouts in English.
- Before the session of your presentation, please, go to the session room 10 min before the session start. The moderator will help you upload your PowerPoint presentation to the computer and test that everything works.
- The time limit for a presentation is 15 minutes that will be followed by questions from the audience and the moderator for approximately 5 minutes.
Travel and accommodation
- Information about the travel options to Narva can be found here.
- The taxi in Narva costs approximately 2 euro/any distance. The biggest taxi company is Ida Takso, +372 50 44444.
- Free accommodation is provided for the participants for up to 3 nights, from April 22 till April 25. The accommodation is in the Hotel Inger (address: A. Puškini 28) in Narva city centre. It is around 20 min walk from the bus and train station and around 5 min walk from Narva College (address: Raekoja plats 2).
- Here is also a little map of how to get around Narva - from bus/train station to Hotel Inger (A. Puškini 28) and from the hotel to the college (Raekoja plats 2):
General topics suggested for presentations
Preschool, secondary and higher education
- Modern Methodological Approaches to Teaching
- Traditionality and Innovation in Education
- Methodological Problems in Language Acquisition (including language immersion)
- Education in Multicultiral Society
- Requirements of Study Subjects in the Context of Multicultural Education
- Developing of Axiological Competences
- Formative Assessment (Principles and Technologies)
Philology and culturology
- Issues of Literature and Folklore Studies
- Contrastive / Comparative Linguistics and Language Contacts
- Language and Cross-Cultural Communication
- Language Acquisition
- Folklore and Post-Folklore in Modern Society
- Issues of Childrens’ Literature
- Classical and Modern Literature from point of Modern Reader
- Civil Activity, Project-based Activity
- Multicultural Challenges in Society
- Cooperation between Local Governments (including at the international level)
- Local Government in Co-operation with Private Business and NGOs
- Comparison of Speciality Terminology in Different Languages
- Importance of Politics at the Local Level
- Management in Local Government
- Using Marketing Principals in the Process of Involvement of Citizens in Public Sector Decision Making
- Learning in Youth Work
- Non-formal learning in youth work (in youth club/centre, in camp, in hobby group, in youth organization etc)
- Worker's training in higher education
- Informal learning and youth work
- Learning through voluntary activity
- Interdisciplinar Competence as a Base of Youth Work
Enterprising and Project Management
- Different roles in Change Management
- The Influence of Workers Commitment to Work Results
- The Aging of Population and Entrepeneurship
- Marketing in the Modern World
- Strategic planning
- Social responsibility of Enrepreneurship