New Approaches to Teaching English in a Multicultural World
Tartu University Narva College is happy to announce its first conference on English language teaching
New Approaches to Teaching English in a Multicultural World March 31 - April 2, 2006
The Conference will focus on the following areas:
- Issues and strategies in the multicultural classroom
- Using film, literature, drama and electronic media for teaching English at all levels
- Innovative approaches to teaching English at the secondary school level
- New approaches to teaching English at the college and university level
The purpose of this conference is to bring together English teaching professionals from different countries to address the challenges of teaching English in the age of globalisation and multiculturalism. Nowadays, English teachers are often faced with multicultural classrooms or at the very least the task of preparing learners who are likely to be using their English skills to communicate with people from a variety of ethnic and cultural backgrounds. This conference is designed to help teachers deal with the multicultural aspects of teaching English. It should also be of interest to those who are keen on learning about and sharing their experiences with turning the humdrum process of language teaching into a fascinating journey of student exploration.
- call for papers/submission of abstracts - February 15, 2006
- registration of non-presenters - March 1, 2006
- for presenters - 10 EURO (150 EEK)
- for participants - 20 EURO (300 EEK)
Conference proceedings will be published on a CD-ROM and made available to all conference participants.