Exchange semester at Narva College 2022
Dear exchange student,
The information on the following page will help you to find out more about the exchange semester in Narva College and choose the appropriate courses.
DOES THIS PROGRAM SUIT ME ?
If we have an agreement with your university, then most definitely, yes. You will find plenty of opportunities while studying here:
- if you're interested in English linguistics and at the same time want to improve your pedagogical skills.
- if you're a fellow youth worker willing to find out more about the Estonian experience in using digital technologies for working with young people.
- if you want to learn Russian as a foregn language and immerse yourself into the Russian-speaking language.
- if you're an IT student willing to enhance the basic skill acquired at your home university,
WHY CHOOSE US?
- New place to explore. An exchange semester combines studies and adventure. As a student, you can take this opportunity to live in a place you might never visit if not for an exchange semester. The small northern country of Estonia, also called e-Estonia for its advanced e-technologies, and the city of Narva, located at the Estonian border with Russia, are the perfect setting for such an adventure.
- Quality of education. Being one of the regional departments of University of Tartu, Narva College has a highly qualified academic staff of teachers helping the university to be within 1.2% of world's best universities in the world. Our academic community is always working on the improvements in our focus areas, happy to learn something new and always ready to share the experience we already have with our partners.
- Personal approach. Even though we have a considerable number of international students, rather few of them are exchange students, which guarantees a personal approach to each an everyone selecting us as an Erasmus destination. We understand that a first Erasmus experience can be overwhelming, so we'll always help you to find an accomodation, choose apropriate courses, meet interesting people, get you acquainted with the local community and culture or settle health-related issues at the polyclinic if needed.
- Learning Russian in an immersive environment. Narva is the most Russian-speaking city in the EU, which has made it a top destination for Europeans and Americans interested in learning Russian language and culture. The Russian language pervades the local daily life, and the intensive language course will send you back home with a feeling of satisfaction for your progress in Russian.
Please find the course programs below
Also please keep in mind that for your individual study plan you may choose any courses from the following lists and add any web-based courses from University of Tartu (as your studies will be situated in Narva, it might be hard for you to attend in any classes in Tartu in person).
Dates of the spring semester 2022: February 7th - June 26th (However, students are usually expected to finish their courses by the beginning of June).
For more information, please contact:
International Relations Specialist
ivan.polynin [ät] ut.ee
+372 740 1922