The motivation letter is used to evaluate the applicant’s motivation to study on the programme. The motivation letter (4000-6000 characters with spaces, written in Russian) must be added to your online application by the application deadline (March 15). Important: please add your motivation letter as a pdf, as Drean Apply does not allow to type in more than 3000 charachters.
The motivation letter should include:
- Description of the applicant's previous education / career path and how they are related to the studies of the Russian language.
- Research interests for the master thesis. What are the potential research problems the candidate would like to address?
- An explanation of the motivation to become a teacher of Russian as a foreign language. Namely, what the candidate’s personal development goals are and what one expects to achieve.
Applicants who received a positive score (at least 51 points) for the motivation letter will be invited to take part in admission interview.
Admission interview is conducted in Russian. The applicant must demonstrate:
• Motivation to study in the chosen field and analytical abilities;
• Critical thinking and reasoning skills;
• Broad world outlook and understanding of the methodology of teaching Russian as a foreign language;
• General acquaintance with the Russian historical context and the modern problems of the Russian society;
• Strong command of the Russian language.
Applicants who did not submit proof of English proficiency at level B1, have to demonstrate their English skills during the interview.
1. Introduction of the applicant (1-2 min);
2. Questions of the members of the committee on the basis of the motivation letter from the applicant (5-10 minutes).