XI Students’ International Scientific Conference
Narva College of the University of Tartu invites students, Master's students and Doctoral students to participate in the XI Students’ International Scientific Conference. The conference will take place in Narva (Estonia) on 13-15 April, 2011.
The topics suggested for discussion during the conference relate to the curricula of the College and to research areas of College students:
Preschool, secondary and higher education:
• Modern Methodological Approaches to Teaching;
• Traditionality and Innovation in Education;
• Methodological Problems in Language Acquisition (including language immersion);
• Education in Multicultiral Society
Philology and culturology:
• Issues of Literature and Folklore Studies;
• Contrastive Linguistics and Language Contacts;
• Cross-cultural Interaction and Communication;
• Language Acquisition
• Civil Activity, Project-based Activity;
• Multicultural Challenges in Society;
• Cooperation between Local Governments (including at the international level);
• Division of Functions between the State and the Local Government;
• Comparison of Speciality Terminology in Different Languages;
• Importance of Politics at the Local Level;
• Financing Sources of Local Government.
Learning in Youth Work
• non-formal learning in youth work (in youth club/centre, in camp, in hobby group, in youth organization etc);
• youth worker's training in higher education;
• informal learning and youth work;
• learning through voluntary activity.
The working languages of the conference are: Russian, Estonian and English. If the language of your presentation is Russian or Estonian, please prepare the PowerPoint presentation in English. The time limit for a presentation is 15 minutes.
If you are interested in participation in the conference, please send your application form and the abstract of your presentation (1000 characters) in the language of presentation and in English by 9 February, 2011 by e-mail: anastassia.urazova [ät] ut.ee (with your application form saved in an *.rtf format). It is also possible to fill in the application form and send the abstract online.
The competition is open for the applications received before the deadline. The conference committee will inform the participants about the competition results by 25 February, 2011 and will send the invitations for the conference.
The proceedings of the conference are to be published. The deadline for submitting the contrubutions for the publication is 15 June, 2011. The texts of the articles are to be sent (name of the file: abstract_the author’s surname) to the e-mail of the conference organisers: konverents [ät] narva.ut.ee. Compillators of the publication of the conference materials reserve the right to edit the texts.
There will be organised a tour of Narva (April 13) and study trip to Tartu (April 15) for conference participants (for foreign participants in particular). Organisers cover all expenses in Narva (accomodation, catering).
Katri Raik, PhD
Vadim Semenov, PhD