Erasmus+ projekt YouHEI
The project is funded by Archimedes Foundation Youth Agency from Erasmus+ Programme
Youth work in Europe is diverse in its definitions as well as forms and practices. In the context of growing diversity of practices on one hand, and calls for quality standards and professionalisation on the other, the universities have to make their decisions for offering relevant training.
In this context, the focus of the current project is to look at the development of youth work degree programmes as the key factor in successful training of professional youth workers. Under programme development, the project understands the overall design of the study process, e.g. the choice of the grounding values and theories, pedagogies, course structure, role of theoretical and practical component, etc.
Overall, the project aims at improving the quality of youth workers' training in Europe.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- to work out a model for comparative approach on youth work programmes;
- to initiate European level dialogue on the challenges of youth work programme development.
To achieve the project objectives, the team carries out the following activities:
- delivering 1 intellectual output: a book about curriculum development and based on the comparison of the programmes of project partner universities (named intellectual output book in this application, no better title yet)
- 1 international conference at the end of the project to introduce and disseminate the intellectual output and initiate a discussion on youth workers training in Europe among European youth work community;
- 4 international project meetings;
- round table discussions with policymakers and key stakeholders to benefit from the context of Estonian and Finnish presidency of the Council of EU to draw attention to the project and broader area of youth workers training;
- information dissemination seminars in the UK and Finland to introduce the intellectual output;
- sessions of smaller events for local stakeholders.
In the media
Narva College of the University of Tartu
kristjan.klauks [ät] ut.ee
+372 740 1905