Trends and Issues in CLIL and ELT
8th international ELT conference
"Trends and Issues in CLIL and ELT”,
October 28-29, 2021
Narva College of the University of Tartu
is delighted to invite you to our 8th international ELT conference
“Trends and Issues in CLIL and ELT”, October 28-29, 2021
an ELT and CLIL conference which continues the traditions of
international ELT conferences (2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019) hosted by Narva College
The conference aims at providing a platform for the discussion and dissemination of research and good practices in the field of English Language Teaching (ELT) and Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) with a special focus on research insights, innovative ideas and hands-on techniques.
There are three key conference sub-themes:
- English Language Teaching and Learning (ELT);
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL);
- Teacher Training for Multilingual and Multicultural Schools.
The purpose of this conference is to bring together researchers and practitioners from different countries who are eager to share their researches and experiences in the field of language teaching and learning and CLIL.
The event is supported by the USA Embassy, Tallinn, The British Council, Tallinn.
Narva College of the University of Tartu is an acknowledged centre for multicultural and multilingual education studies in Estonia, which is devoted to expanding its expertise by continuous research of education practices in Estonia and abroad.
Narva College of the University of Tartu:
- A regional faculty of the University of Tartu
- Centre for multicultural research in Estonia
- Languages of instruction: Estonian, Russian, English
We are looking forward to meeting all of you in NARVA.
registration of participants 1.04.21– 15.10.2021
On-line registration is open from 01.04.21 till 15.10.2021.
Please fill in the online registration form (“Participant Registration Form”) HERE.
For participants from Estonia:
To receive the certificate of in-service training of the University of Tartu please continue with the registration in ÕIS (Study Information System): directions and link will appear at the end of the “Participant Registration Form” (after its submission).
Conference Registration Fee:
• On-site partcicipation in Narva College - 30 EUR (without tax). By choosing this option, I confirm that I comply with the COVID-19 regulations and I have been either vaccinated against COVID-19 or have had COVID-19 in the last 8 months and will present a corresponding certificate upon entry.
• On-line participation - 15 EUR (without tax). This option includes only online participation with access to all conference sessions and materials. No meals or accommodation are provided.
The registration fee includes:
Participation to all sessions
Abstracts and Conference Programme Book
Coffee breaks and lunches
Teachers of Estonian schools are provided with free accommodation in double rooms in the hotel “Inger” (covered by the US Embassy in Tallinn).
Free transportation is provided to conference participants from Tallinn, Tartu and Kohtla-Järve:
- Tallinn–Narva 28.10; Narva–Tallinn 29.10
- Tartu–Narva 28.10; Narva–Tartu 29.10
- Kohtla-Järve-Jõhvi-Narva 28.10; Narva-Jõhvi-Kohtla-Järve 29.10
Please see section "Practical information" on the conference web-page
and visit http://tourism.narva.ee/
More information about the social program and the detailed descriptions of the events can be obtained at the conference web-site.
- Opening Reception - Thursday, October 28, 2021
Following the conference, conference proceedings will be available on-line on Narva College’s webpage.
Conference organizing committee:
Nina Raud, PhD, Chair (Niina.Raud [ät] ut.ee)
Olga Orehhova, MA, (Olga.Orehhova [ät] ut.ee)
Zanna Rootsi, MA (Zanna.Rootsi [ät] ut.ee)
Anna Golubeva, MA, (Anna.Golubeva [ät] ut.ee)
Kristjan Klauks, MA (Kristjan.Klauks [ät] ut.ee)